Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Our lead designer says hello!

My name is John, and I am the lead designer at Cr2cr Studios.

If you're anything like me, you get a weird urge to create a video game in one sitting.  I adore these games; they are often simple, yet still something that can have a lot of depth.  Yesterday, I started one of these projects (and, no, it wasn't quite finished in one sitting :( ).  I call it the Grid Packet; here's some screenshots;




By the way; these are screenshots from four different games.

What came out of this small project was a very interesting design lesson; very small changes in the gameplay can completely change the game itself (like in the case of Grid one vs. Grid Two, where the largest difference is that in the first you can't move into a bullet, and in the second you can).  That is why I ended up making four games that look nearly identical; I can assure you, they play out completely differently.

If you want to see for yourself, download the pack (and it's still technically in beta, 'cause I haven't put in any sound yet)!  I'd love to hear what your thoughts are; shoot me an email at cr2crstudios@gmail.com


Oh, and shoot me some high scores, too; I just might put together a score table (my high for Grid One is something like 53!).

Soleus Deus

No comments:

Post a Comment