Saturday, July 25, 2015

A list of updates!

Hey ya'all!  I thought I might give a brief update on what's been happening of late.

As some may have seen, Sumo got released on Steam and picked up by a publisher (not in that order).  Black Shell Media has been great to work with so far, and I'm happy to be part of their publishing family!

I've gotten a lot of feedback about the lack of online of Sumo (which isn't unexpected).  A few months ago, my plan was to ignore all of it.  But more recently, I've upgraded my engine to the woot-woot Game Maker Studio and the networking support has made the online capabilities much more plausible.  I'm working on getting the online in a functional alpha state within a short period of time, so keep tabs!

Believe it or not, I'm turning back to Rubber Ducky.  I noticed that the Greenlight page has crawled its way to around 85% over the last 431 days, so I thought I might give a good stab at trying to finally get my little square friend on Steam.  Of course, along with a Steam release will come a small content-bug update to the original game, including a dynamic bounce-house and voice acting for the story!  I may or may not release this (hopefully) to-be Steam version outside of Steam, but I sure as heck would love to send it to anyone who wants to check it out anyway. Email me at cr2crstudios@gmail.com.

I'm also working on starting an actual website that will link to this blog and blog dedicated to Sumo and Rubber Ducky development and news.  It will hopefully act as a hub where all ya'all can subscribe to the various news outlets of Cr2cr and keep updated on whatever you'd like to keep updated on.

Finally, I'm starting to come up with plans for a new, shiny game that will take all of the things I've learned from Sumo and Rubber Ducky.  It's a little on the fringe of what exactly it's going to be like at the moment, but it's going to involve pizza, secret agents, rocket-jumping, and Resident-Evil path planning!


Lots is going on!  Thank you so much for reading this post and helping me make games!

Solus Deus (even when I'm awful at it)
John Szymanski

No comments:

Post a Comment